SAP Solution Manager
Demo System Landscapes
SAP Cloud Appliance Library (Private Cloud)
SAP Cloud Appliance Library (SAP CAL) provides an online repository of the latest, pre-configured SAP solutions that can be instantly consumed in the cloud.
SAP CAL is for all customers that want to operate in own private environment with their own data and own demo system to get hands-on experience of SAP Solution Manager 7.2.
The system is even configured with the Focused Build and Focused Insights solutions to evaluate the benefits of these preconfigured scenario packages.
You get an image copy of an SAP Solution Manager 7.2 with 30 days of trial license. After the 30 days trial period you have to activate an individual SAP Solution Manager license which can be requested at SAP without additional costs. In case that you want to continue using the Focused Solutions you would require an additional license which can be bought as a subscription package in SAP Store. In addition to the SAP CAL account you need a fee-based cloud provider account (Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure).
Available pre-configured demo systems in SAP CAL:
- CAL – Demo SAP Solution Manager 7.2 & Focused Solutions with SAP S/4HANA
This system contains a configured SAP Solution Manager 7.2 and a SAP S/4 HANA. Customers can experience the new functionality of SAP Solution Manager 7.2 and get insights on how the management platform supports the transition to SAP S/4 HANA. It even includes the turn-key solution of Focused Build which makes implementation projects with SAP Solution Manager fast and cost-effective. If you follow the SAP Activate phases with the Focused Build method, you could start in the Explore phase the Process Management in the CAL instance and transfer your Solution documentation via download in your on premise SAP Solution Manager.
- CAL – Demo SAP Activate
In this system customers can experience how the management platform uses SAP Activate for SAP S/4 HANA implementation by leveraging SAP Best Practices.
- CAL – Demo 7.2 Content Activation
In this system customers can simulate and prepare their content activation for the upgrade to 7.2 with their own data using the upgrade preparation services for content upload.
- SAP CAL Documentation
Here you will find all information to get a private cloud system with SAP CAL.
- FAQ Solution Types and Charging Model
The different solution types and charging models are explained here.
Internet Demo System (Public Cloud)
Internet Demo System – SAP Solution Manager 7.2 (available soon)
The Internet Demo System is for all customers that want to operate in public environment with provided data and public demo system to get hands-on experience of SAP Solution Manager without any costs. You can immediate logon and instantly use the system. The system is running on the internet and will be refreshed on a regular basis.
This system contains a configured SAP Solution Manager 7.2 and a SAP S/4 HANA. Customers can experience the new functionality of SAP Solution Manager 7.2, such as the new SAP Solution Manager Launchpad for personalized user experience, Fiori Apps, new functionality for Process, Release, and Project Management.
|Portfolio to Project||no sub-scenario available|
|Requirements to Deploy|
(incl. Focused Build)
|no sub-scenario available|
|Detect to Correct|
(incl. Focused Insights)
|no sub-scenario available|
|Request to Fulfill||no sub-scenario available|
|Process Management||Solution Administration|
|Test Suite||no sub-scenario available|
|Project Management||no sub-scenario available|
|Business Process Operations||Business Process Monitoring|
Business Process Improvement
Data Consistency Management
|Application Operations||System Monitoring|
User Experience Monitoring
HANA and BI Monitoring
Root Cause Analysis
Technical Administration & Guided Procedures
|Data Volume Management||no sub-scenario available|
|Change Control Management||Release Management|
Change Request Management
Quality Gate Management
Central Transport Management
Change and Transport System (SAP / Non SAP)
|IT Service Management||no sub-scenario available|
|Custom Code Management||no sub-scenario available|
|Landscape Management||no sub-scenario available|
|SAP Engagement and Service Delivery||no sub-scenario available|
Link to this demo system will be available soon.
SAP Solution Manager Media Center
You are searching for offline demos or recordings that you can easily consume or show to your audience?
In SAP Solution Manager Media Center you can find demo material for various SAP Solution Manager functionalities and features.
SAP Solution Manager Media Center is mainly divided into three different sections:
In this area you will find general news about SAP Solution Manager and its latest features. The content shown here will concentrate on Management Competence (such as level 0 or level 1).
- Key Value Chains
Here you will find all demos based on Key Value Chains (aligned with ITIL). This end-to-end demo content is primarily focused on Core Competence.
- Functional Areas
SAP Standard in SAP Solution Manager can be structured into different scenarios and functionalities. The sub structure of this section is aligned with the SAP Solution Manager Launchpad framework and is focused on Expert Competence.
How to use?
In each section of SAP Solution Manager Media Center you can find various materials:
- Introduction Videos: We offer Presentation-Videos to introduce SAP Solution Manager in general and also on Functional Area level in order to give you a high level introduction into the respective scenario.
- Offline Demos: In SAP Solution Manager Media Center you mainly find small and consumable offline recordings to demonstrate you single use cases. For each demo the following options can exist:
- Information: The information part gives you a short abstract so that you understand the main focus of the demo. In case the demo is part of a bigger process, the abstract should highlight, which part of the process you are looking at.
- Demo Mode: This mode is a video-like playback of the demonstrated system activities with additional and useful explanations. It is usually used to learn about the topic itself.
- Presentation Mode: In this mode you feel like you are in the system and you can control the speed of the playback yourself. It is typically used to perform presentations in front of an audience.
- Practice Mode: In this mode you can play through the system activities for yourself and you can test what you have learned in the above explained “Demo Mode”.
- Presentation Material (as PDF): Additional presentation material helps to provide a better understanding for an offline demo or introduction video. We also offer the relevant download.